There are lots of ways Trent students can get involved with sustainability issues and make a difference both at home and the Students’ Union.
At the Students’ Union
- Get involved with our Foodshare Allotment – our allotment at Clifton grows organic produce on campus and donates it to those in need in the community.
- Join a sustainable society – we have a number of sustainable societies at the Students’ Union including Conservation and Endangered Species. Click here to see a full list of all our societies.
- Separate your waste and use recycling bins properly to recycle your waste whenever possible.
- Turn off lights that are not in use and use lightbulbs with A* energy efficiency.
- Use reusable containers for food instead of unrecyclable/single use items.
- Recycle old items you no longer require such as clothes or books by donating them to a local charity shop
- Going vegetarian isn’t an option for everyone, but why not reduce your weekly meat intake and vary your diet by going flexitarian?
- Reduce your CO2 footprint by walking or cycling to university, work or sporting events. You can even hire a bike from us.