PAID STUDENT ROLE
Are you passionate about creating communities? Do you have a hobby or skill that you want to share with others? Want to gain experience in project management, community organising and peer mentoring?
Apply now to become a Community Organiser with NTSU.
We are looking for ambitious students to inspire the next generation of student leaders at Vision West Nottingham College in Mansfield as we welcome them into the NTSU family starting from September 2020.
We will provide you with a comprehensive training programme, including an accredited ILM Working with Students course (worth £1,200), transport to and from Mansfield campus, and a small budget to make your project ideas a reality. To find out more, please download the recruitment pack, and apply today.
Job Description / Person Specification
Applications close 19th June 2020.
Role title: Community Organiser (NTU in Mansfield) (12 available positions)
Reporting to: Opportunities Manager
Hours/Time Commitment: Minimum of 5.5hrs per week, 12-week programme during 1st academic term 2020/21
Salary range: £570 one-off payment upon successful completion of a 12-week programme (based on £8.68ph), including participation in an accredited ILM Course which has a value of £1,200, and free transport from City campus to Mansfield campus
Role Summary: Support the development of a rich and varied society/student group programme in Mansfield. Develop and lead engaging activities, providing students with opportunities to explore their passions and interests.
- Developing a programme of engaging activities
- Empowering and inspiring students to attend activities
- Monitor and report on student engagement during activities
- Maintain effective relationships with NTSU, VWNC Staff and students
- Enthusiastic and motivated approach towards student-led activities
- Time available to dedicate towards the position and available training opportunities
- A desire to develop skills, both professional and personal
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Opportunity to gain professional work experience, including developing skills in project management, community organising, communication and leadership
- Accredited ILM qualification (worth £1,200)
- Midas training & Minibus driving qualification (subject to driving licence restrictions)
- Free membership to a society of your choice
- Free entry at Climax during first term
- £570 one-off payment upon successful completion of a 12-week programme