Here at NTSU, we’re committed to sustainability and reducing the impact we have on the environment.
Did you know that…
- We have fitted speed limiters to our minibuses to restrict their carbon emissions
- We recycle tones of glass and plastic each year from our bars and other outlets. All our workspaces have recycling bins in them, allowing us to recycle plastic, tins, batteries and printer toner.
- We have been awarded Fairtrade status as an organisation and serve Fairtrade tea and coffee in our bars and diners as well as our staff meeting rooms.
- Our diners only use free range eggs and we recycle all our food waste as well as used cooking oil.
- We have abolished plastic straws from our venues.
- The Students’ Union played an important part in NTU gaining accreditation for the Environmental Management Systems EcoCampus.
We’re always on the lookout for ways to become more sustainable though. Click here to find out how you can help us.